Monthly Report March 2013

Time for another mothly report. I’ll jump off right away with my iAd revenue. iAd Revenue Last month, I was very happy to announce my very first iAd revenue. Like expected, this revenue has grown a bit in march as you can see below: my iAd-revenue in march is $1485,40 with an eCPM of $3.05 You can see that the revenue curve is increasing towards the end of the month. I consider the reasons for this to be the following two facts: Constant download rate As you can see, the game has a minimum of 5,000 DAILY downloads. I assume that the main reason for this is the fact that I have used “mario” as a keyword. Most people looking for a platformer on the appstore will sooner or later search for “mario”. And since most people find their games via the search-function, they will find “Bloo Kid FREE” when looking for mario. I have learned to “worship” the power of keywords. There are services today that offer you “keyword-optimization” for money. This alone should be indication enough to show you the importance of keywords. The game is also completely free (with ads) and offers no in-app purchase stuff at all. I believe that this kind of “monetization” attracts a particular audience. Not everybody loves freemium, and freemium is not “the best monetization option” by default, even though most of the other app-developers want you to believe this (and believe it themselves). It highly depends on the genre, and one can easily ruin a great game with the freemium model. You cannot impose this model onto every genre that exists....